Sony never gets enough credit for launching attractive devices till date, but with Xperia Z phones they have made this possible. No matter whether you wish to have Z5 or Z5 Compact, you will get a slim, efficiently made Smartphone without any compromise on water resistance. With new look they have made some changes in the piece by giving the charging port and headphone jack out in the open, no longer having flappy cover to retain the waterproof feature. The design of the latest Xperia Z5 is one that feels solid and powerful in the hand. Some of its impressive features are listed below:
Features of Sony Xperia Z5
- Android OS v5.1.1 Lollipop with Xperia launcher
- Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810, feat. a quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57 and an Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB RAM
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mike
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5.2″ 16M-color 1080 x 1920 IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with X Reality for Mobile, Triluminos technology and Dynamic Contrast Enhancer; scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- 32GB of built-in storage and a microSD card slot
- 23 MP camera with 2160p@30fps video recording; 5.1 MP front-facing camera with 1080p@30fps video
- LTE Cat.4 (150Mbps)/Cat.6 (300Mbps), depending on the region; Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; A-GPS/GLONASS receiver, Bluetooth v4.1, FM radio with RDS
- 2,900mAh non-removable battery
- IP68 certified – dust and water proof up to 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
Sony Xperia Z5 Build Quality and Design
At the first glance, it feels like the back of the Xperia Z5 is made from metal, but it is actually frosted matte glass which adds to its attractiveness. The sides of the phone are slightly, but significantly well-defined. The raised edges give you a scope of grip, but they also accumulate grit and grime. They will also snag your hair if you have a beard or above your ear, on the side of your chin, which can get annoying.
The Sony Xperia Z5 sticks to the Sony’s Omnibalance design, but boasts some subtle improvements. This model is very well put together, with Gorilla Glass 4 on the front and back, an aluminum frame and rubber bumpers on the corners to absorb shock if the phone is dropped.
The Xperia Z5 is also waterproof and dustproof (it has an IP rating of IP68, which means it is dust-tight and protected against continued immersion in more than 1 m of fresh water), although you should observe Sony’s advice regarding water-resistance on Xperia devices.
Sony Xperia Z5 display
The Sony Xperia Z5 display is a Full HD 5.2-inch IPS LCD with a pixel density of 428 pixels per inch. The Xperia Z5 handles dark colors excellently and offers extremely good viewing angles while the blacks are not as deep as those found on an OLED display. By using the brightness feature, you can turn the display brightness up enough to enable you to continue using the phone in the best light. On the other end, you can also drop the brightness low enough that you can comfortably read in bed at night without blinding yourself.
The Xperia Z5 display also stand out in sharpness and color reproduction. It may not have the 4K chops of the Z5 Premium, but for Full HD resolution, the Z5 looks crisp and nice. You can manage the backlight with the smart control option and can stop the phone from going to sleep while you’re holding the phone.
With its image enhancement options called X-Reality and Super-vivid mode you can increases the sharpness and saturation when viewing photos and videos. Glove Mode makes a comeback and you can also make use of the ‘double tap to wake’ function. Overall, it is a good phone with improved and attractive features which is cost-effective.