Photo Editing software are in great use by almost everyone. These tools are on a list of software which are used on a regular basis,. I also struck with the need of a good photo editor. Based on my experience some of these are below.
GIMP is an extremely powerful program that does anything you expect from a powerful
image editing and its free.
1. Customizable Interface like professional photo editors.
2. Plugin can be used to extend features.
3. All common image file formats were supported.
4.Layers and channels like Adobe Photoshop.
1. New features are added
2. GIMP is another version of photoshop users.
3.Platforms:- Windows, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD etc.
1. Little bit complicated for new users
2. Less learning material
Picasa easily overlooked for google free desktop image organizing and editing
software. It connect online web albums, making it and share the photo with othes
straight from your desktop.
1. People recoginition technology
2. Side by side editing
3. Provide lots of photo effects and photo editing features.
1. Simple and easy to use .
1. Not for professional or complex image editing.
Paint.net is program that takes most of cues from MS paint and in this version there
are some extra features that was not available in the old window program.
1. Drawing tools are available.
2. Automatic update for fixes and new features.
3. Supports popular file formats.
4. Provides basic image editing features.
1. Simple inuitive, and innovative user interface.
2. Unlimited undo redo.
3. Good performance.
1. No Dodge and Burn tools.
PhotoScape is a fun and easy photo editing software that enables you to fix and
enchance photos. There’s no layer support and there are hundereds of clipart images
ready to paste, and you can add custom speech bubbles to an image, apply some special
1. Drawing tools, text tools.
2. professional quality vector graphics software.
3. Image creation with shape tool, 3D boxes etc.
4. New transformations, path effects, styling layers etc.
1. Good selection of drawing tools.
2. Platforms:- Windows, Mac and Linux.