Google has launched the new Android version Android M and the version was announced at Google I/O 2015 on Thursday. The preview version for developers is now available.
Here’s the steps How to download and install Android M on your nexus device :-
1. Download and install the latest Android Studio Preview on your Windows. The install the ADB and Fastboot programmes, Which can be accessed through command terimnal on PC.
2. Add SDK folder to the PATH by follow these steps :-
3. Right click on My Computer and click on properties.
4. Click on Advanced System Settings.
5. Click on System properties > Advanced > Enviroment Variables.
6. In your Windows select PATH then click on edit and then type in the name of the directory where you installed the SDK, and then seperate the each entry by a semi-colon.
7. Enable USB debuging on your device. But first go to Settings > About Phone > Software information and then click on Build number seven times.
8. Go to Settings > Developer options. Tap on USB debugging.
9. Download the factory image for your device.
Android M for Nexus 5
Android M for Nexus 6
Android M for Nexus 9
10. Extract the image on your computer.
11. Connect your phone to computer Via USB.
12. Start the device in fastboot mode.